Battery Systems Engineer
GIVE is a technology & engineering start-up that provides technical innovation, product design, and advanced engineering analysis. We strive to inspire change through creative design & innovation by combining cutting edge technology and the industry's most imaginative minds. We nurture teamwork, honesty and respect. Our projects include the design and development of batteries and battery management systems for vehicles and buildings. Are you ready to lead the battery and battery management systems design and development?
- Ambitious tech-savvy professional with collaborative mindset and eagerness to work with a young multi-disciplinary team to overlook embedded software and customized hardware solutions focused on battery and battery management systems.
- Self-driven, highly skilled individual with attention to detail in designing, building, analyzing, programming, debugging and modifying hardware and firmware for execution of drivers, board support packages and other custom embedded platforms.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge of and exposure to hardware design and strong C programming skills.
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in developing battery systems and embedded systems
- Master’s degree in battery systems, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong programming experience
- Knowledge of firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to apply statistics in evaluating design and system performance
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Skills and Responsibilities
- Electronic hardware design using Proteus or other similar software
- Hardware design and execution
- Design and implement systems using C, C++ and a variety of languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python). Experience with various frameworks & OS’s including bare metal systems
- Write code from high-level embedded applications down to register-level device drivers
- Prepare and execute testing plans, protocols and documentation
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Analyze designs to determine design, implementation and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution
- Have knowledge/experience with batteries and battery management systems
We offer a full-time position with a competitive package and excellent prospects for personal and professional development. If interested to join our team and get on the challenge, please send us a CV and a cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org